Saturday

Sunny days and bunting

This weekend is the Southbank Arts Trail so there is lots of bunting around!

Ivy, Emmelie and I decorated a flag for a community bunting project - I love this idea. I made a uterus stencil to use for mine, of course.



This street made a collaborative piece. I don't know what the significance of 46 (or is it 4b?) is.



At the end of our road there is knitted graffiti on bollards, bike rails, trees, lamp-posts, billboards. The spikey knitting is my favourite.






And then we spent the rest of the afternoon making the most of the good weather in the garden. Ivy showed Emmelie how good she has got at sitting in the less than two weeks since she last saw her. Ivy pulled grass and tried to eat it, but I think this was actually just a ploy to try to eat our hands when we removed the grass from her mouth.




And Ivy demonstrated her new trick: moving. I saw her do this for the first time on Monday when I put her on her tummy. She can push herself backwards with her arms, or to the side so that she rotates in a circle. And yesterday, for the first time, I saw her push herself up onto her knees. She is working towards crawling and it's both scary and exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment