Wednesday

Learning and growing

Ivy is learning new words so fast I can hardly keep up! Her vocabulary has more than doubled since I last posted about three weeks ago. So added to the list  now:

Backpack
Truck
Ball
Bike
Cat
Keys
Knee
Cheek
Chin
Bean
Pushchair
Duck
Please
Bean
Hi
Bye
Dog
Book
Read
Wipe
Bear
Tea
Happy
Apple

And it's not just words she's been learning. Suddenly she is climbing up and down off the sofa, no longer has a fear of the stairs, and in general she is tackling her fine and gross motor skills. She is understanding so much of what say and often happily follows instructions. Yesterday she was watering plants in the garden, and I'd ask her to water particular pots and she would. When she ran out of water, she'd hold out her watering can and ask "Please? Please?".

With all this developing there are some downsides and this week came the first of the tantrums. She can unscrew lids now, and sometimes when I ask "Ivy, can you give it to me please?" she understands but doesn't want to. Cue meltdown.

Suddenly she seems like such a toddler, probably because she is. I really don't think I can get away with calling her a baby any more! And that's ok, because I'm really enjoying this age. It's amazing to see her taking so much in and learning so fast. She has clear likes and dislikes.




She has recently discovered the slide. And I discovered that she can climb up it when I turned around to find her half way up. Yep, learning fast. (Not this slide, this slide is small. It was a big slide and slightly scary moment for me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment